Winter weather is very abrasive on our skin. The air is frigid and dry outside, and indoor heat can leave your skin feeling parched. Here are some skincare products to help keep your skin feeling fresh and hydrated throughout the day.
// FACE //
1. Hydramax + Active Mask, Chanel, $50.00
2. Tourmaline Charged Radiant Skin Refiner, Aveda, $40.00
3. Rosebud Salve, Sephora, $6.00
4. CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM, drugstore.com, $11.39
5. Clarisonic Mia, clarisonic.com, $125.00
6. Eye Doctor®, Origins, $35.00
// BODY //
7. Precious Oils the Body & Bath, Diptyque, $78.00
8. cocoa butter + coq10 ultra-hydrating unscented body lotion, Acure, $9.99
9. Acqua di Parma (Fico di Amalfi) Shower Gel, Nordstrom, $45.00
10. water, Boxed Water, $12.00
11. Luxurious Hand Balm, Diptyque, $38.00
With the weather changing to cooler temperatures and there being less humidity, this means changes to our skin will happen. I have selected a few of my favorite products that I swear by for keeping me hydrated and looking fresh through the season change.
1. JĀSÖN – Revitalizing Wheat Germ Vitamin E Hand & Body Lotion
* A creamy moisturizer for dry skin that’s aroma neutral.
2. Aveda – Balancing Infusion
* I like to add 2-3 drops to my body moisturizer to help soothe and add extra hydration to my skin. Bonus: it smells wonderful – ylang ylang and patchouli oils.
3. Aveda – Pure-fume Spirit Spray
* This is a perfectly blended aroma custom made in an Aveda salon, spa, or experience center. My favorite is #6.
4. Prada – Amber
* This is my most favorite aroma. I’ve been wearing it consistently for 7 years. It’s a perfect blend of spice, sandalwood, and elegance. Seriously!
5. Chanel – Joues Contraste Powder Blush – Rose Bronze
* You can never go wrong with Chanel! Rose Bronze is a beautiful warm color and smells like fresh roses.
6. Dior – Gel Coat
* This gel coat adds extra shine and longevity to your mani & pedi.
7. Essie – Sand Tropez
* A great neutral for everyday.
I’ve spent many years searching for the right skincare and makeup appropriate for my (very) oily skin. Investing in quality and natural products for your body is very important. Remember, it’s just as important to be mindful of what you put on your body as it is important to what you put in your body. I understand that products are not suitable for all skin types and sometimes using a product with synthetics and parabens just can’t be avoided. Here are a few items that are part of my routine. Have a great weekend!
1. Aveda – Tourmaline Charged Radiant Skin Refiner
2. Marc Jacobs – Lovemarc Lip Gel in Saboteur
3. CeraVe – Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM
4. Chanel- Double Perfection Lumiére Long-Wear Powder
5. Aveda – Green Science Firming Eye Creme
6. Avalon Organics – Vitamin C Soothing Lip Balm
7. Chanel – Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel
8. Aveda – Enbrightenment Brightening Treatment Toner